Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Stories

In High School, I took a creative writing class and I started a story that I really liked but, I never finished it. While I was a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Russia, I started stories but never finished them. I feel that they were pretty good, but I have a hard time getting past the first page.

Check this out:
"What is there left to do but wait?" asked Jusos, the king's advisor.
"Wait for what, my son to just appear out of thin air?" replied the king. "No, we must send another expedition to take him back. I cannot tolerate this situation any longer!"

Jusos knew that this would be the response of the king, this same conversation had taken place many time before in the last six months. With battles raging between the two nations, the king had sent most of his best knights to retrieve the prince from the enemy. None had returned, nor sent word, but many had been sent body-less back to the King.

"I know that he will be safe . . . he must be safe. The prophecy has said that he would be king, Jusos," said the king.

_________

What do you think?

1 comment:

Ashley Thalman said...

well you know, i don't vote so i have forefitted my right to share my opinion in this matter