Tuesday, November 13, 2007

A little venting

Well, I was called by an engineering firm for an interview on Monday. The interview is tomorrow and I am really excited! I hope I get that internship, I am tired of working in places that have little or nothing to do with my chosen Major. If I get this internship, I will finally be able to decide if I like engineering or not. They are a civil engineering firm that I don't know much about. Wish me luck in the interview!

This morning, I arrived a bit early for my programming class. I noticed one of my classmates working on a paper. What is he doing, I thought. We work on computers in this class. Then I asked, "whatcha' workin' on?"

"The test that is due today."

The little procrastinator inside of me had won again! I frantically searched through my things to find the test paper that had been handed out one week ago, today. To my relief, I found the paper. To my chagrin, it was blank.

I looked at the clock, ten minutes until class started. I worked through the first few problems and found most of it to be fairly intuitive. When the teacher arrived, I left so that I could concentrate on the test. Twenty minutes later, I had finished the test and he had just started to grade the test. An I got a 91% on it.

Cheers

2 comments:

Meri said...

So, you don't know me but you sound so much like someone I do know that I must ask, "Did you get the interview? How does the story end?"

Anonymous said...

Well written article.